Quite a journey!

“Whats it going to be then, eh?” A superb experience, that’s what!

“Oh my brothers”, as Alex might say, how do I begin to summarise my experience with “A Clockwork Orange” – it was quite a journey! From the word go, it was a joy to be a part of this quite legendary production at the Citizens Theatre, and I think it's safe to say that this was a creation which definitely bore fruit!



The cast onboard the production were amazing to work with – from Billy Mack making me corpse constantly, to Derek Barr flaunting his muscles, and not to forget the Assistant Director, Amanda Gaughan and I solving the problems of the universe over a crate or two of wine… it was fantastic!



As my first production during my internship year at the theatre, it was quite a testing debut – playing six characters, some of whom only appear on stage for a matter of minutes, character background work was very challenging. (Not to mention some of the horrific quick changes – 1 minute 19 seconds for one of them!).



However, it all accumulated to become a fabulous production, and an amazing experience, which I will hold dear for years to come. Last Saturday, our last performance, I was surprised to find myself become a bit choked up – it would appear that I am very much enjoying being a part of this wonderful theatre, with its wonderful staff, and being able to do something I love, every day.

Now friends, onward to our Christmas extravaganza – Beauty and the Beast – its going to be wild! Pardon the pun. Haha.

Jonathan Dunn :)

Comments